The Friday Group has been both providing architectural specification services and developing web-enabled document production and management systems — and everything it takes to make them work — since 1999. We believe in providing excellent service, delivered innovatively.
There is a traditional model of specification consulting, in which the architect has a specification writer in-house, or hires one in from the outside, whose job it is to write documents that supplement the drawings at each phase of the design. They almost always use a recent similar job as the base; they rarely modify the language, other than to get the products and assemblies that have been selected. This is, at its essence, a specification writing service which views the written specification as the deliverable, and springs from a view that specifications are an onerous task to be completed, rather than as a vital link in the communications between architect, owner, and contractor.
To us, document technology is recognizing that any document, be it a word processing document, a spreadsheet, even an email, need not be monolithic. Every document can be broken into constituent parts — paragraphs, sentences, even individual words — and then manipulated to create new documents using the power of a database back end and some very careful programming.
Once a document is broken out of the strictures of the desktop, the possibilities for control of content, collaboration, and distribution are endless. Large corporations, small teams, even individuals can use such a system to make information accessible from anywhere at any time.
We have used this approach to create a number of systems that allow production, control, and distribution of documents an information in a collaborative, highly secure, highly flexible environment.
The Friday Group LLC is an international consultancy with a reputation for providing excellence in architectural specifications services and the implementation of web-based systems that enable them.
A partial list of our clients, past and present:
- SmithGroup JJRtfgadmin2018-04-08T23:36:52-04:00
- Bjarke Ingels Grouptfgadmin2018-04-08T23:37:54-04:00
- Schumann Consulttfgadmin2018-04-08T23:36:13-04:00
- Kohn Pedersen Foxtfgadmin2018-04-08T23:38:22-04:00
- Shinberg.Levinas Architectstfgadmin2018-04-08T23:36:42-04:00
- Davis Langdontfgadmin2018-04-08T23:49:47-04:00
- Trivers Designtfgadmin2018-04-08T23:36:59-04:00
- Cooper Robertsontfgadmin2018-04-08T23:50:12-04:00
- Foster + Partnerstfgadmin2018-04-09T17:32:38-04:00
- Pei Partnership Architectstfgadmin2018-04-08T23:36:05-04:00
- Olson Kundigtfgadmin2018-04-08T23:35:54-04:00
- Adjaye Associatestfgadmin2018-04-08T23:38:07-04:00
- IBI Grouptfgadmin2018-04-08T23:40:19-04:00
- Weinstein A|Utfgadmin2018-04-08T23:37:11-04:00
- FOX Architectstfgadmin2018-04-08T23:41:29-04:00
- Shepley Bullfinchtfgadmin2018-04-08T23:36:34-04:00
- Rodriguez and Quirogatfgadmin2018-04-08T23:36:26-04:00